Broccoli is a kind of dark green leafy vegetables Brassica family of plants that includes kale, cabbage, and cauliflower. This vegetable originated in Italy, where the name “broccoli” comes from the word broccolo Italy, which means ‘branch’ and was first cultivated in the 17th century or all 18.Brokoli is one of the most popular vegetables in the world used in a variety of dishes and cuisines. These vegetables can be eaten raw or cooked, but the best way is to eat them raw as a salad, because that protects the nutrients in it. Broccoli has long been regarded as one of the super foods that are packed with amazing health benefits. The nutritional value of broccoli can be regarded as a power of iron, protein, calcium, chromium, carbohydrate, vitamin A and vitamin C. Broccoli also contains important phytochemicals and antioxidants, which fight disease and infection.
Some of the proven health benefits of broccoli are as follows:
1. The anti-cancer properties. The study recommends eating more broccoli and other green vegetables because they contain phytochemicals that are anti-cancer. Studies show that broccoli can reduce the risk of cancers such as breast cancer in women, lung cancer and colon.
2. The anti-aging properties. Broccoli also has anti-aging properties that can reverse the effects of the aging process.
3. Help pencernaan.Brokoli rich in fiber, which helps digestion and works to prevent constipation.
4 Acting as a detoxifier. The content of vitamin C, sulfur amino acids make broccoli was excellent. This helps eliminate free radicals and toxins like uric acid from the body.
5. Controlling diabetes. Broccoli is rich in chromium, which is known to help regulate insulin and controls diabetes.
6. Boost the immune system. Broccoli is a good source of vitamin C, an important nutrient that helps maintain the immune system.
7. Maintain healthy eyesight. Studies have shown that beta-carotene in broccoli may protect the eyes against macular degeneration and prevent cataracts.
8. Protect against UV radiation. The researchers also found that the compound called sulforaphane in broccoli reduces skin damage and inflammation caused by exposure to UV radiation.
9. To strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis. The content is rich in calcium, zinc, magnesium and phosphorus, a nutrient that helps in maintaining bone strength and keep bones strong. Hence, eating broccoli is very useful for adult women who are prone to osteoporosis and pregnancy.
10. Preventing anemia. Anemia is directly associated with iron deficiency. Iron and folic acid found in broccoli may help prevent iron deficiency anemia.
11. Maintain a healthy pregnancy. Broccoli is a good source of folate which helps prevent neural defects such as spina bifida in the fetus. All women need a regular source of folate during pregnancy.
12. Reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. A study showed that a diet high in folate may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and broccoli is one of the foods that contain these substances.
13. Lowers cholesterol and high blood pressure. Broccoli is rich in fiber reduces cholesterol, chromium, and potassium, which can help lower cholesterol and control blood pressure.
14. Reduce the risk of heart disease. Carotenoid lutein is found in broccoli can prevent thickening of the arteries in the heart, thus reducing the risk of heart disease, especially stroke.
15. Diet weight. Broccoli is very low in calorie content. Approximately 146 grams of broccoli contains less than 50 calories and therefore
it is a good diet for people who are trying to lose weight.